As you may know the Library was under threat of closure. Thanks to the response from the local community, the setting up of the Friends of Pontesbury Library and the Parish Council that threat is now suspended. The Library is safe for a maximum of 3 years on the present site. It continues to be dependent on the Friends of Pontesbury Library supporting overall costs.
Telephone: 01743 791171
Monday 10am – 1pm
Tuesday 10am – 1pm 2pm – 5pm
Thursday 2pm – 5pm
Saturday 10am – 1pm
(Wednesday, Friday and Sunday closed)
Libraries across the country are responding to meet changing community needs. Pontesbury’s library is no exception. You will currently find the following range of facilities and we are keen to develop more in conjunction with Shropshire Library Services.
- Help with book searches for school or home projects
- Homework space
- Rental of audio books and DVDs
- Access to computers and the internet
- Wi-Fi available to access your own phones and tablets
- Photocopying, scanning and colour printing facilities
- Reading groups and author events for adults
- Story Time and holiday activities for children
- Local studies information
- Home library book delivery service available on request
- Meeting place for U3A groups (room hire available out of hours)
- Book request service
- Help with downloading free magazines, e-books and audio books from http://new.shropshire.gov.uk/libraries/find-a-book/e-library/
- Fiction of all sorts from crime to romance, classics to the latest top sellers
- Non Fiction from Art to Zoology and everything in between
- And last, but by no means least, an experienced, friendly library manager to help answer every query.
If you would like to join the Friends of Pontesbury Library, please email email@example.com and ask for your name to be added to the mailing list.
The FoPL is always open to your suggestions and ideas and will lobby on your behalf to make the Library an even more effective and responsive local resource.
We’d love to hear from you!