As you may know the Library was under serious threat of closure four years ago. That threat is now suspended, thanks to the response from the local community, the re-launching of the Friends of Pontesbury Library and the Parish Council. Please note new opening times below in light of the COVI-19 pandemic. You can also follow the link here to find out what to expect when you visit the library in its new location at the Pavilion now we have to follow the new COVID guidelines
Telephone: 01743 791171
Monday 10am – 12pm
Tuesday 10am – 1pm 2pm – 3pm
Thursday 2pm – 4pm
Saturday 10am – 12pm
(Wednesday, Friday and Sunday closed)
The Library is safe for the next five years and will be re-opening in the near future at the Pavilion, the new community building on Hall Bank, though you will appreciate plans are currently on hold because of the pandemic emergency. Whatever happens, the library continues to be dependent on the Friends of Pontesbury Library supporting overall costs.
Libraries across the country are responding to meet changing community needs. Pontesbury’s library is no exception. You will currently find the following range of facilities and we are keen to develop more in conjunction with Shropshire Library Services.
- Help with book searches for school or home projects
- Homework space
- Rental of audio books and DVDs
- Access to computers and the internet
- Wi-Fi available to access your own phones and tablets
- Photocopying, scanning and colour printing facilities
- Reading groups and author events for adults
- Story Time and holiday activities for children
- Local studies information
- Home library book delivery service available on request
- Meeting place for U3A groups (room hire available out of hours)
- Book request service
- Help with downloading free magazines, e-books and audio books from http://new.shropshire.gov.uk/libraries/find-a-book/e-library/
- Fiction of all sorts from crime to romance, classics to the latest top sellers
- Non Fiction from Art to Zoology and everything in between
- And last, but by no means least, an experienced, friendly library manager to help answer every query.
If you would like to join the Friends of Pontesbury Library, please Contact Us and ask for your name to be added to the mailing list.
The FOPL is always open to your suggestions and ideas and will lobby on your behalf to make the Library an even more effective and responsive resource centre and meeting place.
We’d love to hear from you!