Hope you all enjoyed taking part in the Treasure Hunt. There was a fantastic response from the community. The winners names will be on another post.
Here are the FOPL TREASURE HUNT answers:
START YOUR HUNT FOR THE TREASURE by the CO-OP
- Which mighty river can be seen in the car park? Amazon
- How many children are rocking Noah’s boat? 4 or 5 accepted
WALK ALONG TO WHERE THE 5 ROADS MEET, IT’S WHERE A BROOK RUNS BENEATH YOUR FEET!
- Who has strong ties in the bus shelter? Simpsons
- There are 3 ‘what’ together here? Flagpole
CROSS THE ROAD, KEEP ON THE RIGHT, HERE’S 4 CLUES YOU’RE BOUND TO GET RIGHT
- Stop at the church gate, what is the date? 1839
- Under the sign with praying hands and cross who’s affectionately remembered and is our loss? Richard Croft
- A red brick building for the Victorian nation – there are no trains, but what sort of station? The Old Police Station
- Above the door, three faces – no paws. It’s feline for sure but which species?
For an extra point give the local name for the cats’ faces on the county emblem Leopards and an extra point for Loggerhead
CROSS THE ROAD, CAREFUL NOT TO FALL
9. What shines blue that’s seen on a wall? Police lamp
WALK BACK TOWARDS THE VILLAGE KEEP YOUR EYES WIDE
10. How many trees are there between the two telegraph poles? 4
11. At this spicy venue on which days can you order from a special menu? Wednesdays & Sundays
NOW TAKE A RIGHT ALONG BROOKSIDE
- Along this Lane you can’t take your bike, but you’re allowed dog-walking if you like – what’s its name? Bridge Leys Lane
SEE THE BROOK ON YOUR LEFT? HAVE YOUR MATHS SKILLS READY . . .
- Take care me hearties as you walk the plank! How many timbers to cross before reaching the other bank? 20
WALK TO THE END OF CARVER STREET AND KEEP YOUR EYES STEADY
- 3 Cottages on your left, 3 trees no longer in the ground . . . what are they?
Willow, Laburnum, Hawthorn
TURN RIGHT, CROSS THE ROAD TO PASS THE DOCTOR’S ABODE, THEN WALK UP THE SLOPETO THE TOWER THAT CHIMES
- If it’s sunny what can tell you the time? Sundial (in the churchyard)
BACK TO THE OLD CO-OP & CROSS THE ROAD, CAREFUL AS YOU DO. AHEAD A BOARD CAN HELP WITH THIS CLUE.
- Who has ‘GONE TO EARTH’ on School Green? Mary Webb
PAST THE CHIP SHOP ONE AND ALL, AND PASS THE BOX WHERE YOU COULD ONCE MAKE A CALL. NOW TURN LEFT – DON’T GO UP THE HILL!
- Which Glen has foxgloves? Dornoch
- Which dwelling likes cheese? Davidstow
CROSS THE FORD, MIND THE THISTLES!
- This place is where the thirsty can wet their whistles HELP TO HUG?! (anagram)
KEEP GOING ALONG CHAPEL STREET, ESPECIALLY IF YOU’RE HUNGRY.
- A ‘lovely copse’ to fill your tummy? Yummy, yummy. Fairwood
- And to make you feel bright, how many flowers let in light? 6
- Find the sign but do not be misled – there’s nothing left in here to be read! Library sign
- A ridge with a cross on, all alone. Which church does this cross adorn? Baptist Church
- Just past here which home could turn into an oak?
TURN LEFT AT THE CORNER TOWARDS HIGNETT’S
- This house carries the date when the French Revolution started – when was it? 1789
AND FOR AN EXTRA POINT, WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE HOUSE? The Oaklands
- A shop that’s cryptically named ‘The Queen of Flowers – who seems to know everything!’ Anne Whysall ( Florist )
HEAD TOWARDS THE CHURCH TO THE PLACE WHERE YOU QUEUE
- Where’s the tree to puzzle a monkey, it’s not in a zoo! In Hignett’s garden
TURN 180 DEGREES BACK TO WHERE THE ONE-WAY SYSTEM BEGINS
- Which Hall has a white milk churn outside the doors? Deanery Hall
- The job done here is simply grand. Unravel the letters to RECALL A helping hand!
NOW BACK TO HALL BANK, WHERE YOU STARTED FROM. HOPE YOU’VE HAD SOME FUN AND PLEASURE! ALLCARE
- This bird should reveal the place to find the buried treasure !
WREN BY RAIL (two words) New Library